Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"I don't know man..."

Photobucket

Was talking to a friend today and it brought something to my attention. Have you ever been talking to someone who's words are begging for your advice? All the while they are talking to you waiting for these "jems" of wisdom to pour out of your mouth? The entire time they are talking to you in your mind your thinking "Jesus help me, I have no idea what the heck I am gonna say" And you know if the words "I don't know what to tell you man" You know it would not only shift there situation but would altar the obvious opportunity God has given you? I was there. I have been there... but I have learned through time that those moments are priceless. There has been times I have said "buddy I wish I had an answer but I love you" I used to live with the pressure to the point I didn't respond to voice mails or phone calls cuz I just didn't have anything to say. Well... again in my opinion :)

There are a few things that I have discovered.

1) How prideful can I be thinking that they didn't have anybody else to call to get advice... the majority of the time they just knew you would listen.

2) Most of my close friends usually end the conversation with whatever advice you give them with "I dont know what I am gonna do man" and tell you they love you.

3) The are honestly looking for something to confirm what they are already feeling, but trust you to hold what they are holding as heartfelt close personal info.

From this point... when I get the calls and conversations on advice... I give it. Thus the value of understanding your opinion, In my conversation this evening? I told him in my heart what I felt. Why?

4) They are calling YOU because they know you will be honest... and it's ok to say you don't what to tell them. They just needed someone to talk to.

It just hit me today after an hour and a half phone call and at the end he said "What your telling me I was gonna do anyways... just wanted to hear you say it"'

I love my friends. :)

No comments: