Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!
I took some things to storage today... for the umpteenth time. It's great because our nice chair is in there so I can go just chill for awhile as well. As I was sitting there...sulking in the moment wondering what is next for my life...still unaware if what that is, but just sitting and thinking. I looked right across from where I was sitting and there was an RV. On the back of the RV was the words "Idle Time" For some reason that hit me. So, if you know me...you know I had to look into the word Idle. I was familiar with the word in the terms of an engine...but I had to dig deeper.
adjective ( idler , idlest )
1 (esp. of a machine or factory) not active or in use : assembly lines standing idle for lack of spare parts.
• (of a person) not working; unemployed.
• (of a person) avoiding work; lazy.
• [ attrib. ] (of time) characterized by inaction or absence of significant activity : at no time in the day must there be an idle moment.
• (of money) held in cash or in accounts paying no interest.
2 without purpose or effect; pointless : he did not want to waste valuable time in idle chatter.
• (esp. of a threat or boast) without foundation : I knew Ellen did not make idle threats.
Like a slap in the face, I read the third or fourth line that said "without purpose or effect" Um, no. I refuse to allow where I am to become Idle Time. Now more than ever it is time to drive. if you ever feel like your standing still in a world that keeps spinning? Don't allow it to be Idle Time. Time with no purpose. Lazy time. Lacking spare parts. Take every day for what it hands you, and hand it back full. Trust me, I am talking to myself as well.
"Just because things are spinning, doesn't mean your going anywhere"