Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dear God...

I browse a website that sends letters to God. This one stuck out for some reason. 

Photobucket
(this is the website, link not added due to some content)

They give a forum for people to write God letters and be real anonymously. They say "wether your God is Allah, Buddah, Your inner self, it doesn't matter just talk). The only thing is when you hear these cries for something more, the other Gods don't respond. 99% of all the posts say "Dear God". The following is from that site, pic and all. It is a secular non religious page. Just a place for people to cry out to God. How would you respond to her?




Photobucket

God,
I know that there are people out there who have bigger problems than myself, but I just don’t know how much more I can take. I don’t feel valued. I feel lonely. And as I tear up, I notice how hurt I feel. There is my best friend - she is gorgeous…model potential, she’s top of the grade, she’s friendly, nice, fun to be around, major hit with the guys. Then there’s me. For about a year in year 8 (now in year 11), I was known as the girl who hangs around ——–. I never had a problem with it.
But now, I am just so sick and tired of it. I can honestly say that I work my butt off. I love my best friend and all, but seriously, she just sits back and gets it all! The teachers love her, the girls love her, the guys love her. It is just so frustrating to always come through second best, if that. But, thats not only why I feel the way I feel. I, just, I feel like no one understands how I am feeling. I have had mild acne for about 2 years but i’m on medication, and its practically gone now, but i do feel depressed, which is a side affect of this medication. I haven’t told anyone. I constantly feel sad…and I don’t know why. I can’t explain it. And that’s why I can’t tell anybody.
I recently told this best friend that I felt like my life was falling apart…she asked me how…. I told her I couldn’t explain it, everything just felt really wrong….and she said nothing. Shouldn’t a best friend notice this? I am so bright and usually smiley-happy, and it’s like she doesn’t give a damn. Even a girl who i wouldn’t call a close friend asked me if I was okay….
I know my mum has noticed this, she hasn’t said she kows, but I know she knows….and she has been a great help, but I still feel this pain. God, can you please just help me get over this! Give something to me…something which I want, desperately. It’s just so unfair how someone with everything already is still getting more. Help me God, please.

Anonymous - Australia


No comments: