Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of school...

This morning April and I walked with CJ into his new school. He started his first day of 5th grade. Yesterday around 3pm, he kicked into gear. His mom cut his hair, he disappeared into his room. A few minutes later he surfaced with newly clipped nails and his clothes laid out. He put himself to bed at 9:30 and forced himself to sleep. The next morning his mom woke him up at 7 and he shot up and jumped in the shower. When i surfaced around 7:45, unshowered with a hat on :) He was sitting on the couch with his new backpack. We got to his school and he and his mom went back and forth about where his class was due to his open house a few days earlier...he was right. I mean come on... just look at this guy!!

Photobucket

He obviously gets this from his mother. My mom couldnt pry me out of bed. I tried to invent new diseases and illnesses so I wouldn't have to go to school. I dreaded it. I am glad he gets those things from his mom. He challenged me as I watched him face the unknown with such strength. So honestly? It wasn't just his first day of school... he took me to school today. His courage, his fortitude, and his ability to adapt. He also came home with a "stack a' stuff" If you don't know what that means? You gotta ask him :) That's my boy! We couldn't be more proud!!

No comments: